AWS Free Usage Tier
AWS Free Usage Tier (Per Month):
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Linux Micro Instance usage (613 MB of memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform support) – enough hours to run continuously each month*
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Microsoft Windows Server Micro Instance usage (613 MB of memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform support) – enough hours to run continuously each month*
- 750 hours of an Elastic Load Balancer plus 15 GB data processing*
- 30 GB of Amazon Elastic Block Storage, plus 2 million I/Os and 1 GB of snapshot storage*
- 5 GB of Amazon S3 standard storage, 20,000 Get Requests, and 2,000 Put Requests*
- 100 MB of storage, 5 units of write capacity, and 10 units of read capacity for Amazon DynamoDB.**
- 25 Amazon SimpleDB Machine Hours and 1 GB of Storage**
- 1,000 Amazon SWF workflow executions can be initiated for free. A total of 10,000 activity tasks, signals, timers and markers, and 30,000 workflow-days can also be used for free**
- 100,000 Requests of Amazon Simple Queue Service**
- 100,000 Requests, 100,000 HTTP notifications and 1,000 email notifications for Amazon Simple Notification Service**
- 10 Amazon Cloudwatch metrics, 10 alarms, and 1,000,000 API requests**
- 15 GB of bandwidth out aggregated across all AWS services*
- 750 hours of Amazon RDS for SQL Server Micro DB Instance usage (running SQL Server Express Edition in a single Availability Zone) – enough hours to run a DB Instance continuously each month
- 20 GB of database storage
- 10 million I/Os
- 20 GB of backup storage for your automated database backups and any user-initiated DB Snapshots
In addition to these services, the AWS Management Console is available at no charge to help you build and manage your application on AWS.
How to Get Started
You can sign up today to automatically take advantage of AWS’s free usage tier.
- Sign-up for an AWS account and subscribe to the services you’d like to use.
- Enter your billing address and credit card information. You will not be charged unless your usage exceeds the free usage tiers.
- Start using AWS – See the Getting Started Guide AWS Free Usage Tier to learn how to get started with the free usage tier. Visit the Resources Section to find Getting Started Guides, development tools, and tutorials, or visit the Community Forums to get your questions answered.
* These free tiers are only available to new AWS customers, and are available for 12 months following your AWS sign-up date. When your free usage expires or if your application use exceeds the free usage tiers, you simply pay standard, pay-as-you-go service rates (see each service page for full pricing details). Restrictions apply; see offer terms for more details.
** These free tiers do not expire after 12 months and are available to both existing and new AWS customers indefinitely.