Home > Nagios > NRPE_NT bug

NRPE_NT bug

November 25th, 2008 Leave a comment Go to comments

Nagios NRPE_NT bug.
Well I wrote few scripts that are actually quite complex to run under Windows 2003 Servers,
some of them I start getting no output or just the first character output using NRPE_NT 0.8.0.2 or 8b.
It seems NRPE does not handle well the STDOUT using the LocalSystem account, I just set the service
“Nagios Remote PLugin Executor for NT/W2K” to run under another account with Administrator Permissions, and now it all works!
Wow that was scary, because I took me 3 days to write a script to get the Value of the Top Mailbox Sizes (Under Exchange 2003)
and it worked localy but not thru NRPE, well now the mistery is solved!

Problem:

NRPE_NT does not output correctly, just the first character
Solution:

Run the Nagios service under a specific Administrator account

The last nagios NRPE_NT plugin service does say W2K, and not W2K3 plus its a beta version,
I wonder when a new version will come out.

  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

VAMOVE *

*