- Telegraf collects time-series data from a variety of sources.
- InfluxDB stores time-series data.
- Chronograf visualizes and graphs the time-series data.
- Kapacitor provides alerting and detects anomalies in time-series data
The TICK stack can be a powerful tool for storing, analyzing and visualizing time series data.
It has many features and use cases. And Kapacitor can detect errors or build live leaderboard of game scores.
I think it is great tool with amazing dashboard for storing, analyzing and visualizing statistics/time series data.some very cool plugins for:
- AWS http://docs.grafana.org/features/datasources/cloudwatch/
- VMWare https://grafana.com/dashboards/2840 and many many others check it out at https://grafana.com/dashboards
But not sure if it can do what centreon/nagios can, I just find lack of flexibility as far as processing custom/simple text outputs.
there is a plugin called exec which I tried but it must have a specific influxdb line protocol, for writing points to the DB. heck, I just wanted it to process simple key words like OK/CRITICAL 🙁
Here is how I installed on Centos 7
sudo yum localinstall grafana-4.6.3-1.x86_64.rpm
Telegraf ( agent )
CREATE USER imon WITH PASSWORD ‘monitor’ WITH ALL PRIVILEGES
Grafana How to